Human Performance is created by people’s behaviors. How they do things. And humans continue to set new levels of performance.
- Nike and others have been working closely with elite Kenyan runner Eliud Kipchoge and other top distance runners on a moon shot goal: To run a marathon in under two hours.
- At the time that goal was announced, the record for the marathon (which is 26.2 miles) was two hours, two minutes and 57 seconds.
- Kipchoge succeeded in breaking the two-hour barrier on October 12, 2019.
- He ran an unofficial marathon in Vienna in one hour, 59 minutes and 40 seconds.
Your 2020 “Marathon”
- Your Marathon is living life!
- Now is a great time to think about how you can increase Human Performance for 2020.
- Maximizing Human Performance involves leveraging three powerful emotions.
THE POWER OF CHOICE
Leveraging the POWER OF CHOICE involves
- Building skills that increase the feeling (emotion) of choice (Growth Mindset)
- Without reducing the expectation of execution and results (Effort)
THE POWER OF PROGRESS
Leveraging the POWER OF PROGRESS involves
- Consistent Progress (Keep Score / Focus on Progress)
- Meaningful “Work” (Goals)
THE POWER OF MINDSET
Leveraging the POWER OF MINDSET involves
- Focusing on effort and commitment.
- Seeing challenges as opportunities and failure as chance to learn and get better.
- Recognize abilities can be transformed through action, effort and learning.
Set new records in your “Marathon”. Focus on Human Performance in 2020!
Onward and Upward,